December 22, 2015

The Week Before Chrismas, And All Through the Mission

Not a creature was stirring, not even (word that rhymes with mission here)

So, successful week this last week. Rogers is literally Zion. This place is bumpin' and we find out new stuff everyday. I love it. 

The YSA branch that we cover is doing very well. We have been pumping them up lots and lots and just got everyone to put their pictures in the Ward Roster so now it looks really pretty. Highlights include a baby picture that someone put up haha. 

Anyway

This past week, we saw success in a couple of different ways. 

First, we ran into a number of people at exactly the right time. I like to go through our phone. It is pretty alright. So, things I look for are less actives and recent converts that I don't know, and then ask my companion if he knows them. It is usually unsuccessful, so then I just shoot out a text. Pretty easy. So about 5 of the last 7 times that I have done this, we have found success. Usually the subjects of this technique are waiting for us to contact them, and a number of times, we have found that

a. they have just got Sundays off of work
b. they have been waiting for a call from the missionaries
c. they are ready to be active again
or
d. all of the above. 

Second, we went caroling with the YSA Branch. It was way fun, and a couple approached us and told us that they were going to get married in the Dallas Temple that weekend and were going to be members of the Spanish Branch, which is way cool. We need them, and there are no coincidences that we were there at that time or that Elder McKenzie and I were late (don't get mad at missionaries for being late. We're still on the Lord's schedule) and that we spoke some spanish to each other jokingly. Everything happens for a reason.

It is crazy to think that someone was ready at the exact time that I was here and looking through the phone and at the exact time that they got Sundays off or were thinking about church or whatever the case is. 

The Lord works in mysterious ways

We had a mission-wide conference yesterday, which was spectacular. My companion got up and sang a remixed version of Hallelujah made especially for Christmas with the lyrics rearranged to talk about the savior's birth. It was way cool. President Loveland and family all played dodgeball with us and it was way fun. President goes for the kill haha probably a good way to relieve some stress at certain elders jkjk

Anyway, it's been awhile since I've actually made a thoughtful post/email, but just wanted to bear my testimony. I know that we have a Savior that lives and cares for us. He is none other than Jesus Christ, the son of God. He was born about 2016 years ago and died about 33 later. It doesn't matter exactly what day or where or what Mary was wearing, but I can testify that I KNOW that it happened. I love our savior and he loves me. He died for each of us and suffered for each sin and weakness that we ever have or ever could experience. He knows us individually. 

I love him


Love y'all and have a blessed Christmas. 

Love

Èlder Matthew Busi