September 7, 2015

WEEK 24: THE WEEK OF THE GOODBYE

So, this week we got the news of the who, the where, and the how. 

I will be moving this transfer to a faraway place called Tulsa Spanish. There, I will serve with my new companion, Elder Williams, and we will be jolly and have fantastic times together! My new address, as noted in the left-hand column of the blog, is as follows:
10847 E 33rd St #62
Tulsa, OK 74146
Elder Williams... I know absolutely nothing about him, his family, tastes, preferences, hair color, amount of dirt under fingernails, anything at all. He hails from I'm not sure where, and he will be a terrific Zone Leader. Oh, that is another thing! I will be serving as District Leader with my companion as Zone Leader! It is kind of odd, but the whole mission has changed very rapidly and interesting things are happening all over the place. I am just excited to be a part of it!

This past week was spectacular, with a good time at church and some good quality time spent with members. The work is slowing down in this area a little, so we decided to focus more on less active members. It is awesome to be able to work with leadership in the area and get real work done!!!

Elder Millett has been an awesome companion. From teaching me how to solve a Rubik's cube to quoting Les Miserables to each other all of the time to listening to Hugh W. Nibley in the car, I couldn't have asked for a better brother to serve with haha. This next transfer, he will be staying in the FORT and being a District Leader over the missionaries in the Fort Smith District. He will keep a close and friendly eye on them for darn sure! 

I am going to miss this area, the FORT because this is where I was born, but it will be a bittersweet change, as I will grow and learn more in a new area with a new companion. Sometimes change is scary. Like really scary. But it doesn't have to be. With the help of the Lord, change can be nothing at all. It happens everyday, everywhere, and there is nothing that we can do about it. 

Hugh W. Nibley is very inspiring. He is the kind of speaker that I love to listen to because he is really fast-paced and very very intelligent, therefore very fun to listen to. He gives a lot of talks about the life of Brigham Young and in one of them, actually all of them, he states the theme of Brigham Young's life. It is kind of like this (paraphrased and in my own words so really why am I writing this disclaimer when I am going to botch it?) WHO CARES. Things are going to happen. Some of them good, some of them bad. If the mob comes to my house and burns it down, it was meant to be. God has a plan for all of us, so just let it happen. I LOVE THIS. As long as we keep the commandments and do our part, we have no need to fear ANYTHING. 

Well, I love y'all and hope y'all have a BLESSED week!

From the last time in the South (at least for a while)

Elder Matthew Busi, Esq.
--