July 27, 2015

WEEK 18: WEEK OF THE MASS

Dearest compatriots,

This past week was a wonder to observe, with the impending doom of transfer calls always looming in the not-so-distant future. It included a week of the following activities:

CATHOLIC MASS:
As I am still in training, I am able to go and visit other churches willy-nilly, so I figured that I may as well target my pool of investigators current and future by choosing the Catholic Church. It was a really interesting ceremony, with a lot of symbolism, and it explained a lot of beliefs. Mildly funny part: my companion wanted to go up and partake of Communion (a.k.a. bread and the wicked WINE) to which I replied that we wouldn't. In his defense, he didn't know that there was wine up there.

DECKS ON DECKS ON DECKS:
We finally (almost) finished the deck at the Botello's house, and it looks (almost) marvellous. It now has a dark green roof, and it was put on with the expertise that only unskilled laborers (a.k.a. missionaries and a member) could produce. It looks alright and provides a good amount of shade for Sister Botello and her family. We also got to hack a good amount of her tree off with a machete, so woot #RamboPower

FUTBOLLLLLLLL:
We had a terrific futbol event, with our homies Osvaldo and crew turning out to play a couple of games with us. Apparently, there had almost been a scuffle between his crew and another crew that plays with us, so we may have indirectly rekindled some conflicts oops :P

HISTORY OF FORT SMITH:
See more in next week's issue (sufficiently teased?)

REEL HARD, PLAY HARD:
Caught a (very small) fish today, which was spectacular. It only took me a total of 8 accumulative hours to catch him, so I would say that my proficiency in fishing has... increased. A 6-year-old girl officially out-fished me today, so yay.

TRANSFER CALLS!!!!!!!!!!
This week, the beauty crew (a.k.a. Elder Brown and I) was dissembled. As of next thursday, a number of changes are about to come forth. Almost our entire mission was transferred somewhere or other, and just about everyone received a new companion. For the next 6 weeks/forseeable future, my 24/7 companion/best friend will be none other than Elder Millet. Something that we already have in common is that we were both trained by Elder Brown!

Well, sorry for the lame-ish email this week; we don't have very much time today

Hasta Lunes!!!

Elder Matthew Busi

P.S. For those of y'all who only receive the email, here is the link to observe all pictures of mine. Click and enjoy.